We are driving a revolution! Today, Bitstamp is Europe’s largest cryptocurrency exchange and a cornerstone of the global crypto market. Our ambition is to expand our business and brand even further and are looking for innovative, ambitious and passionate people to be part of this story. We believe that the promise of crypto – and the decentralization of finance – should be a movement open to everyone. If this strikes a chord with you – then join us to make a difference.
By joining the Compliance Team, you work with an international group of like minded people who are passionate about driving growth and development of the company and its people.
We are hiring in Luxembourg.
What you’ll be doing
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Responsible of Business As Usual unit in the oversight and implementation of the European compliance program
- Working as the escalations point for all the KYC and AML operations
- Formulate solutions to resolve compliance-related challenges that are suitable to the nature of the business and its overall risk appetite
- Perform Quality Assurance assessment on customer onboarding, transaction monitoring and screening processes
- Escalating to the department manager operations improvement opportunities from a process and training stand point
- Pro-actively maintain knowledge and awareness about regional compliance requirements and changes to them over time
- Receive and handle reports from internal and external sources, including suspicion activity reports and enforcement production requests
What you’ll bring to Bitstamp
- Working understanding of the cryptocurrency industry
- Demonstrable experience and an operational knowledge of the relevant AML/CFT and prudential regulations, circulars, and secondary guidance
- 3-5 years of experience in financial services compliance roles
- Must be able to communicate effectively with people at all levels both inside and outside the business
- Must be able to constructively task prioritize, self-manage and contribute to the effective coordination of compliance activities and to follow up and follow through with deliverables
- Working knowledge of KYC RegTech, fiat and crypto-related transaction monitoring technology and overall FinTech compliance working environments
- Undergraduate Degree in Law, Finance, or recognized compliance qualification (e.g. International Compliance Association Diploma or ACAMS CAMS certification)
- Demonstrable integrity, initiative, perseverance, organizational and leadership skills
- Fluent in English; working knowledge of French is an asset
Bitstamp started in a garage with two laptops, a server and an unwavering belief that cryptocurrency was going to revolutionize finance. That was in 2011, just two years after the launch of Bitcoin.
Today, Bitstamp is Europe’s largest cryptocurrency exchange and a cornerstone of the global crypto market. Over four million individuals and financial institutions have placed their trust in us, because we’ve continuously proven to be stable, reliable and committed to long-term growth. We focus on quality and don’t take shortcuts – in business or when it comes to our team.
We have become the world’s longest-running cryptocurrency exchange by building a talented team of people who enjoy working together and are dedicated to supporting each other’s growth.
If you want to join a fast-paced company in a highly innovative industry and if you find it exciting to contribute to Bitstamp's next chapter, in a time where crypto will become mainstream – come and join the team!