Bitstamp, the world's longest standing cryptocurrency exchange, offering a safe, reliable, innovative and user-friendly gateway into the crypto world, is hiring a new:
Bitstamp Group & Bitstamp Europe S.A. Head of Internal Audit
Reporting directly to the Group Chief Executive Officer and to the Bitstamp Europe S.A. General Manager.
The role is based in Luxembourg.
- Preparation of triannual risk-oriented audit plan
- Planning, organisation and execution of audits based on the triannual audit plan as well as special and ad-hoc audits
- Examination of the efficiency and effectiveness of the existing internal control systems
- Identification and evaluation of risks as well as definition of findings
- Control of the audit process and documentation of test results in working papers
- Development of the internal audit function of Bitstamp group and support of the management of external service providers
- Management of a team, performance management and development (initially 1 direct report)
- Self-reliant planning and management of a diverse audit portfolio
- Audits and ad hoc assignments by the management and/or boards
- Solution-oriented evaluation of the audit results, identification of risks and agreement upon risk-minimizing measures with the relevant departments, including follow-up support
- Preparation of reports and recommendations for action
- Accompaniment and support of projects under audit-relevant aspects
- Further development of methods, processes and tools used in internal auditing
- Contact for auditors and supervisory authorities.
- A minimum of 10 years’ audit experience, in regulated financial institutions (banks and/or payment institutions)
- Experience as Head of Internal Audit of regulated financial institutions
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written presentation and communication skills
- Strong collaborative and negotiation skills
- Experienced at working across different locations, countries and cultures
- Proactive and hands-on approach
- Fluent in English. French would be very useful.
If you meet the above requirements, and would like to join our young dynamic team, send us your application (your CV and motivational letter) in English by clicking “Apply for this job”.