Bitstamp, the world’s longest-running cryptocurrency exchange, is looking for a
Deputy Group Financial Controller
- Responsibility for effectiveness of internal controls and compliance with policies and procedures. Development and documentation of policies, procedures and controls.
- Driving resolution of Governance improvement points arising from External and Internal audits, Regulatory communication and other sources.
- Active contribution to New Product Approval Process, NP analysis and design of Finance & Accounting processes and system solutions together with Group Accounting Manager.
- Participating in new initiatives and projects from Finance point of view, counterparty due diligence, feasibility studies.
- Participation in complex accounting transactions under multiple GAAPs, contribution to decision making process within Finance.
- Contribution to compliance with regulatory, statutory and GAAP requirements, keeping abreast with new developments of Bitstamp Regulatory landscape, statutory requirements in our jurisdictions, accounting developments.
- Deputisation for Bitstamp Group Financial Controller.
- Contribution to Group financial control processes.
- Cross departmental collaboration across the Group, close collaboration with Treasury, Operations, Legal, Compliance.
- 10- 15 years’ experience, with at least some experience in regulated financial institutions (banks and/or payment institutions)
- Strong experience in Finance Management role
- Professional accounting qualification
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written presentation and communication skills
- Strong collaborative and negotiation skills
- Experienced at working across different locations, countries and cultures
- Proactive and hands-on approach
- Fluent in English. French is an asset
Bitstamp started in a garage with two laptops, a server and an unwavering belief that cryptocurrency was going to revolutionize finance. That was in 2011, just two years after the launch of Bitcoin.
Today, Bitstamp is Europe’s largest cryptocurrency exchange and a cornerstone of the global crypto market. Over four million individuals and financial institutions have placed their trust in us, because we’ve continuously proven to be stable, reliable and committed to long-term growth. We focus on quality and don’t take shortcuts – in business or when it comes to our team.
We have become the world’s longest-running cryptocurrency exchange by building a talented team of people who enjoy working together and are dedicated to supporting each other’s growth. This is your invitation to join that team.
Click here for more information on our culture, mission and benefits.
If you are interested send us your application with CV in English by clicking Apply for this job.