Bitstamp, the world’s longest-running cryptocurrency exchange, is looking for a Fraud Operations Team Lead in Kranj, Slovenia.
Fraud Operations Team Lead
As our new Fraud Operations Team Lead, you will help us with the additional increase in the security of our users, by continuing to build the Fraud Operation Team inside one of the leading exchanges in retail and institutional crypto trading. You will join a growing team of subject matter experts inside Control Operations Department.
What you’ll be doing
- Daily execution and follow-up of the fraud monitoring and reporting activities
- Assessment of the risks of fraud in the company’s payment processes
- Recommendations in controlling the risks for different types of fraud and guidance to the operational teams
- Assistance in the roll-out of fraud prevention training
- Registration of fraudulent activities that occur and creation of an incident database recording relevant details on past fraud cases
- Assistance in the preparation of reports for regulators (EBA/CSSF/BCL) and law enforcement agencies
- Reporting of findings and recommendation of appropriate mitigating actions, as well as implementation timescales
- Preparation and improvement of the organization’s policies on fraud
- Creating an environment with fraud reduced to absolute minimum
- Lead a team of subject matter experts
- Continue to develop on the subject through attendance on conferences and trainings
- Develop your career with diverse challenges and training opportunities that arise in this novel and exciting industry
Who we’re looking for
- 6+ years of overall experience in financial services
- 3+ years of experience in fraud investigation and prevention
- Good understanding of the applicable regulatory framework
- Knowledge of relevant industry and payment processes, including fraud tools awareness and experience with fraud modelling
- Experience in the preparation of policies and procedures
- Ability to lead the team, prioritize work, assign tasks to team members based on their level of experience and knowledge
- Ability to set objectives and key result
- Ability to grow the team by uplifting the current status of the team and recognizing additional needs to follow the objectives and key results
- Creative thinking
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in English language
- Knowledge of the blockchain and virtual currency environment is an asset
Bitstamp started in a garage with two laptops, a server and an unwavering belief that cryptocurrency was going to revolutionize finance. That was in 2011, just two years after the launch of Bitcoin.
Today, Bitstamp is Europe’s largest cryptocurrency exchange and a cornerstone of the global crypto market. Over four million individuals and financial institutions have placed their trust in us, because we’ve continuously proven to be stable, reliable and committed to long-term growth. We focus on quality and don’t take shortcuts – in business or when it comes to our team.
We have become the world’s longest-running cryptocurrency exchange by building a talented team of people who enjoy working together and are dedicated to supporting each other’s growth. This is your invitation to join that team.
Click here for more information on our culture, mission and benefits.