Junior Legal Officer
This is an opportunity to join a growing international company with a leading position in one of the most promising sectors of finance. We are already the largest European based crypto exchange and are ramping up our presence globally, notably in the USA and APAC region. You will have an opportunity to work in a dynamic team that sets standards in the industry, in excellent working conditions, with opportunity to gain exclusive knowledge and experience. We also offer personal and professional development options, exciting team buildings, competitive compensation & benefits, and a relaxed environment that appreciates fresh ideas. The successful candidate will report to a Senior Legal Officer and the Head of Legal, Europe.
- Advising managers and offering accurate legal guidance on relevant legal issues of the business.
- Negotiating, drafting, preparing and reviewing legal papers, agreements, and other legal documents.
- Providing key advice on new products and new service lines before launch.
- Assisting-in the handling of litigation matters.
- Liaising with and overseeing multiple internal and external parties (including law firms) to perform and assist in delivering accurate legal review.
- Analysis of compliance with all current business and industry related laws and new regulations on a global scale, with a strong focus on financial and/or payment services regulation.
- Performing legal reviews and recommendations for different business areas.
- Ensuring legal watch by analyzing and assessing the local regulatory framework and updates affecting the business.
- Supporting board and shareholders meetings, if required.
- Handle, when required, the process of customer complaints.
- Identifying proactive solutions.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Law Degree in any EU jurisdiction, LLM considered an asset.
- 2 plus years of experience in an in-house legal role or in a law firm of good repute.
- Strong knowledge in corporate, finance, payment, data and/or consumer protection laws.
- Fluent in English, any other language considered an asset.
- Strong and open communications skills.
- Autonomous and hands on with the ability to adapt and be pragmatic.
- Reliable with good team spirit and positive energy.
- Ability to think outside the box.
If you meet the above requirements, and would like to join our young dynamic team, send us your application (your CV and motivational letter) in English by clicking “Apply for this job”.