Bitstamp, the world’s longest-running cryptocurrency exchange, is looking for a Market Intelligence Division Lead in Ljubljana, Slovenia or remote in EU time zones.
Market Intelligence Division Lead
Market Intelligence team is part of Business Intelligence department. It works cross-functionally with Product, Business development, Marketing and wider Bitstamp (leadership) team to analyze the market, identify business opportunities and help shape the future of crypto. We are looking for a strategic thinker with strategy / operational consulting, market research and analytics experience to lead our Market Intelligence team.
What you’ll be doing
- Structuring and proposing solutions to complex and ambiguous strategic problems for the Bitstamp Group leadership team
- Supporting business development activities such as growth initiatives, partnerships, strategic acquisitions
- Performing deep-dive market research reflected in holistic understanding of our business model and identifying potential for further growth
- Analyzing large amounts of information and data quickly and effectively to reduce complexity and make actionable recommendations for Bitstamp Group
- Partnering with the heads of products and operational functions to use data and insights to make informed decisions
- Hiring, developing and mentoring your own team
- Coming up with constant initiatives and proactive role in finding innovative solutions and work improvements
- Developing your career with diverse challenges and training opportunities
Who we’re looking for
- Professional with 5+ years of working experience in financial or management consulting and / or crypto industry
- Extensive experience in financial and management reporting, business analysis and financial analysis
- Understanding and detailed knowledge of crypto markets presents a significant advantage
- Experience in M&A presents a big advantage
- Proficient data literacy demonstrated in an ability to go beyond the data and understand “your take” (i.e. data driven insights, strategic recommendations)
- Experience in financial modelling and ad-hoc analysis (valuation models, sensitivity analysis, ROI, etc.)
- Ability to translate complex problems into actionable solutions and to communicate final results in a concise, easy to understand manner (slides, charts)
- Independent end-to-end lead of individual projects (in a group or alone)
- Ability and experience in leading a team – knowing how to encourage team members to achieve excellent results in a reasonable timeframe
- Experience in working in a cross-functional role, managing and working with several stakeholders from different departments
- Comfort working in a high growth, fast paced environment
- Passionate individual with can-do attitude
- Engaged team player driven by knowledge sharing and collaboration (together everyone achieves more)
Bitstamp started in a garage with two laptops, a server and an unwavering belief that cryptocurrency was going to revolutionize finance. That was in 2011, just two years after the launch of Bitcoin.
Today, Bitstamp is Europe’s largest cryptocurrency exchange and a cornerstone of the global crypto market. Over four million individuals and financial institutions have placed their trust in us, because we’ve continuously proven to be stable, reliable and committed to long-term growth. We focus on quality and don’t take shortcuts – in business or when it comes to our team.
We have become the world’s longest-running cryptocurrency exchange by building a talented team of people who enjoy working together and are dedicated to supporting each other’s growth. This is your invitation to join that team.
Click here for more information on our culture, mission and benefits.