Bitstamp, the world's longest standing cryptocurrency exchange is looking for an experienced:
This is an opportunity to join a growing international company with a leading position in one of the most promising sectors of finance. We are already the largest crypto exchange in Europe and are ramping up our presence globally. You will have an opportunity to work in a dynamic team that sets standards in the industry, in excellent working conditions, with opportunity to gain exclusive knowledge and experience. We also offer personal and professional development options, exciting team buildings, competitive compensation & benefits, and a relaxed environment that appreciates fresh ideas. The successful candidate will report to the Financial Accounting Manager.
Your main responsibilities will include:
Responsibility over the General Ledger of Bitstamp Group entities, integrity of financial records
- Leading monthly General Ledger closing process, including substantiation and reconciliation of key figures. Continuous improvement in closing quality and timeline.
- Oversight of the Group’s Intercompany processes and monthly intercompany reconciliation, administration of SLA and active participation in consolidation
- Active participation in SAP developments and automation of accounting processes.
- Participation in development of accounting processes and internal controls, documentation of policies, procedures and workflows for assigned areas of responsibility
- Close collaboration with Financial Reporting team, supporting preparation of management reporting and regulatory returns
- Timely production of annual statutory financial statements
- Liaison with external auditors, tax advisors, authorities and other regulatory bodies
- Monitoring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and other statutory requirements in jurisdictions for assigned areas of responsibility
- Mentoring team members with regards to more complex accounting transactions
Required qualifications, skills and experience:
Professional accounting qualification is a must
- 5-7 years of post-qualification experience as an Accountant in a multinational company, past experience in financial sector (bank/insurance) is an asset
- Past experience of ERP implementation, preferably SAP
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty
- Fluent in English, any other European languages are an asset
- Excellent computer skills and solid understanding of accounting software principles
- Good attention to detail, self-starter
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- International travel may be required as part of the job
If you meet the above requirements and would like to join the Bitstamp story, send your application (your CV and motivational letter) in English by clicking “Apply for this job”.