We are driving a revolution! Today, Bitstamp is Europe’s largest cryptocurrency exchange and a cornerstone of the global crypto market. Our ambition is to expand our business and brand even further and are looking for innovative, ambitious and passionate people to be part of this story. We believe that the promise of crypto – and the decentralization of finance – should be a movement open to everyone. If this strikes a chord with you – then join us to make a difference.
We are hiring new team member, residing in Slovenia or other EU country, for the full remote position:
Senior Security Engineer, Infrastructure Security
The Infrastructure Security team’s core mission is to improve the security posture of Bitstamp’s infrastructure, no matter the type, purpose, or location. You will be tasked with solving challenging cloud, on-prem, and endpoint security problems in a holistic way. To achieve this, you will work with other Security and Engineering teams on the development and implementation of new tools, processes, and sound practices to further expand the resilience and security of Bitstamp’s business and underlying infrastructure.
What you’ll be doing:
- Identify, mitigate, and remediate issues, misconfigurations, and vulnerabilities related to the security of Bitstamp's cloud (AWS, Azure) and on-premise infrastructure.
- Investigate and implement new and update existing security configurations to improve the security posture of Bitstamp's infrastructure.
- Create, manage, monitor, and optimize security log ingestion pipelines.
- Lead infrastructure security reviews and threat modeling.
- Advise Corporate IT, System Operations and Software Architecture teams as SMEs in the area of infrastructure security.
- Introduce new security monitoring tools, processes, and approaches.
- Write runbooks for manual actions, automate what can be and makes sense to be automated.
- Maintain and own sections of security infrastructure.
- Support cross-functional teams to reconstruct relevant events and mitigate/eradicate threats.
What you’ll bring to Bitstamp:
- 3+ years experience working in site-reliability engineering, devsecops, cloud security, or system engineering.
- Strong understanding and experience with common security concepts, controls, and flaws.
- Significant experience with cloud providers (preferably AWS).
- Solid development or scripting experience in a mainstream programming language (preferably Python, Go and/or bash).
- Solid experience with infrastructure-as-code and orchestration technologies.
- Engineering mindset.
Nice to have:
- Hands-on experience with Azure.
- Experience with on-premise network security appliances and/or firewalls.
- Experience with vulnerability scanners, preferably Tenable.
- Experience with IDS, security sensors, and/or honeypots.
- Experience with large data analysis platforms such as Splunk, SumoLogic, ELK in high load, production environments.
If you would like to join the Bitstamp story, send us your application (your CV and motivational letter) in English by clicking Apply for this job.