Bitstamp, the world's longest standing cryptocurrency exchange is hiring new team members in our development department:
Software Developer in Application Security Team
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing international company with a leading position in one of the most promising sectors of finance. We are already the largest crypto exchange in Europe and are ramping up our presence globally.
You will have an opportunity to work in a dynamic team that sets standards in the industry, in excellent working conditions, exposure to exclusive knowledge and experience, and the ability to influence on what products get built. We also offer personal and professional development options, teambuildings, comprehensive benefits, highly competitive compensation, and a relaxed environment that appreciates fresh ideas.
What we are doing:
• We automate basic security checks so we can focus on the fun stuff. This includes building infrastructure for dynamic application security testing, integrating testing tools, writing Jenkins jobs etc.
• We provide training to developers in form of workshops, CTFs and similar activities. This allows us to promote awareness on application security topics.
• Our team technically owns some security critical services and libraries that are a part of the Bitstamp exchange. We are responsible for their maintenance and their development. We try to provide clear and easy interfaces to encourage developers to use them.
• Product development starts with a good plan, hence we get involved in technical planning early. We review system designs and do threat modeling.
Who are we looking for:
• Any level application security engineer or a mid/senior developer wanting to develop into one. The activities from the above section are what you will be doing in general and we will give you some freedom to focus on those that you find the most pleasure and value in.
• Python and Django are our developers most common tools of choice, hence we expect experience using them. We also use other technologies, most notably blockchain, Go, Java, AWS, etc. Experience with them is an additional plus for us but it is not required.
• Keen interest in information security and keeping up to date with new developments in the field
What we offer:
• We will give you enough freedom to develop your skills in ways that fit you most and are relevant for us.
• Trainings, conferences, meetups, certificates is something we encourage you take and we provide budget for.
• You will work in a dynamic environment with competitive compensation.
If you meet the above requirements, and would like to join our team, send us your application (your CV and motivational letter) in English by clicking “Apply for this job”. If you really want to make an impression, include also your Digital Footprint (e.g. your GitHub account, etc.).