Bitstamp, the world's longest standing cryptocurrency exchange is hiring new team member for the position:
System Operations Engineer
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing international company with a leading position in one of the most promising sectors of finance. We are already the largest crypto exchange in Europe and are ramping up our presence globally. You will have an opportunity to work in a dynamic team that sets standards in the industry, in excellent working conditions, and ability to gain exclusive knowledge and experience. We also offer personal and professional development options, teambuildings, comprehensive benefits, highly competitive compensation, and a relaxed environment that appreciates fresh ideas.
We are looking for an experienced system operations engineer to design, develop and rollout continuous improvements to our infrastructure, production systems, delivery mechanisms and supporting tools. The role requires a deep understanding of infrastructure design, AWS cloud solutions, Open source and Enterprise solutions know how and good communications skills. You will be working alongside developer, architecture, security, product and other departments to continue to deliver excellency at Bitstamp.
• design, maintenance and management of Bitstamp infrastructure,
• automation of infrastructure and processes,
• monitoring infrastructure and resolving disruptions,
• helping to discover new practices in the financial world?
• in-depth knowledge of Linux
• knowledge of Apache and / or Nginx
• good knowledge of MySQL
• experience with Bash and Python scripting
• experience with the use of IaaS providers, such as AWS
• knowledge of version control systems
• experience with information security best practices
• active knowledge of English
• analytical thinking
• learning agility
• ability to solve the challenges, and working independently as well as in a team
In addition to the above requirements, preference will be given to candidates with the following experience or skills:
• operational familiarity with Atlassian products such as Jira / Bitbucket / Confluence
• knowledge of Infrastructure Automation / Orchestration Frameworks
• knowledge of Docker
• familiarity with CI/CD tools
• experience with large scale systems and running 24/7 services
What we offer?
• Work in a dynamic, fast-growing international company that sets standards in the industry,
• excellent team, working in a relaxed environment that appreciates fresh ideas,
• opportunity to gain exclusive knowledge and experience,
• opportunity for personal and professional development,
• options to attend conferences and workshops,
• competitive pay and other benefits.
If you would like to join the Bitstamp story, send us your application (your CV and motivational letter) in English by clicking Apply for this job.