Bitstamp, the world's longest standing cryptocurrency exchange is hiring new team member:
Technical Accounting Specialist
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing international company with a leading position in one of the most promising sectors of finance. We are already the largest crypto exchange in Europe and are ramping up our presence globally.
You will have an opportunity to work in a dynamic team that sets standards in the industry, in excellent working conditions, and ability to gain exclusive knowledge and experience. We also offer personal and professional development options, teambuildings, comprehensive benefits, highly competitive compensation, and a relaxed environment that appreciates fresh ideas.
- Writing of Accounting memos for key accounting events for all companies in the group
- Assist in the preparation and/or review of statutory financial statements for all companies in the group
- Participation in the audit process, both internal and external, when required for all companies in the group
- Research into technical accounting matters as needed, including documenting the findings and analysis to enable management to decide on their preferred course of action
- Participation in development of accounting processes and internal controls, documentation of policies, procedures and workflows
- Collaboration with Financial Reporting team, supporting preparation of management reporting and regulatory returns
- Monitoring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and other statutory requirements.
- Mentoring team members with regards to more complex accounting transactions
- Professional accounting qualification is a must
- At least 7 years post-qualification experience as an Accountant in a multinational company, past experience in financial sector (bank/insurance) is an asset
- Past experience of ERP implementation, preferably SAP
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty
- Fluent in English, any other European languages are an asset
- Excellent computer skills and solid understanding of accounting software principles
- Good attention to detail, self-starter
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- International travel may be required as part of the job
If you meet the above requirements, and would like to join our young dynamic team, send us your application (your CV and motivational letter) in English by clicking “Apply for this job”.