As a candidate you will be registered with Bitstamp’s candidates database. During the registration, we will collect your data and use it to provide you information about potential job openings, potential recruitment purposes and to maintain our relationship with you. Our Privacy Notice explains how we collect and use your data, and what your rights are in this regard.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation EU 2016/679 (or ‘GDPR’, together with its implementation texts and their successors, DP LAW), you are informed that the BITSTAMP Group, consisting of BITSTAMP LTD, BITSTAMP EUROPE SA, BITSTAMP USA INC., BITSTAMP d.o.o. (BITSTAMP) processes (the PROCESSING) personal data about you (the DATA).
We process your DATA to:
- process and respond to your application, arrange interviews or tests, analyze your application and make a final decision on your recruitment,
- keep your application for a future recruitment.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
PROCESSING necessary for steps prior to entering into a contract at your request ,
PROCESSING necessary for BITSTAMP’s legitimate interests (HR and recruitment management).
CATEGORIES OF DATA
In addition to the DATA that you communicate directly to BITSTAMP, BITSTAMP may process the following categories of data (possibly obtained from third parties):
- tests and background check results, reports from head hunters or recruitment agencies, interview notes, final decision, financial offer.
BITSTAMP may share your DATA:
- with authorities and regulators as required by law,
- with entities affiliated with BITSTAMP,
- with service providers (e.g. head hunters, recruitment agencies, lawyers, auditors, consultants, etc.).
TRANSFER OF DATA OUTSIDE EU/EEA
By way of principle, your DATA is not transferred outside the European Union.
In exceptional case, that the data transfer outside the European Union is necessary, BITSTAMP will ensure that such transfer complies with DP LAW and is either:
- justified by DP LAW exceptions (e.g., the transfer is necessary for the performance of your employment contract, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims), or
- subject to safeguard measures to ensure your DATA’s security, confidentiality and fair treatment in accordance with DP LAW, or
- if this is necessary, with your consent: in such case your specific written consent will be requested separately.
Your DATA will be retained for the period of time prescribed by the law applicable to BITSTAMP. In case your application is not successful, BITSTAMP will retain your personal data for up to 2 years (in case future job openings would match your profile). You can object to such retention at any time by contacting BITSTAMP’s data protection officer at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In accordance with the DP LAW, you have the following rights:
- a right of access to your DATA: please note that BITSTAMP processes a large amount of DATA; under these conditions and in accordance with DP LAW, BITSTAMP may ask you to specify, before any supply of DATA, which DATA or PROCESSING operations your request relates to,
- the right to rectify your DATA.
In certain cases and subject to the conditions set by DP LAW (in which case BITSTAMP will check beforehand that these conditions are met):
- if you have given your consent to certain PROCESSING or DATA transfer, you have the right to withdraw such consent: note that such withdrawal will have no effect on PROCESSING (1) carried out until the withdrawal, and (2) that are required for BITSTAMP to comply with legal obligation or other compelling legal basis,
- the right to erase your DATA (‘right to be forgotten’),
- the right to request the restriction of PROCESSING;
- the right to object to the PROCESSING for compelling and legitimate reason, and
- to the extent technically possible, the right to request the portability of the DATA you have provided to BITSTAMP for transmission to another controller.
Finally, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority concerning the PROCESSING of your DATA.
If you have any questions about data protection, you can contact BITSTAMP’s data protection officer at the following address: email@example.com.